Vanguard Predictive Planning™ for Finance
Automate your budgeting and planning processes with Vanguard Predictive Planning. Our advanced analytics-driven starting values eliminate time wasted on data entry. Users can make changes to the system-generated values as needed, saving countless hours. Additionally, Vanguard Predictive Planning supports rolling forecasts and continuous planning.
Whether you need to plan for workforce, capital, revenue, or expenditures, you can create discrete workflows to manage plans’ submissions, reviews, and approvals. Gone are the days of relying on IT, version control issues, and data errors. Welcome to a mature planning model that is powered by a leading native cloud, true integrated business planning platform – Vanguard Predictive Planning.
Why Vanguard Predictive Planning for budgeting and planning
Vanguard Software’s approach to financial planning is based on two unique abilities:
- Tight integration of budgeting and forecasting processes
- Multi-plan capability – multiple departments can share and compare forecasts and plans
Most organizations begin each budget cycle with the previous period’s budget. They make adjustments based on high-level goals and set allocations from a top-down view of needs. Vanguard is different. Our process begins with an objective statistical forecast and can, ultimately, integrate a complete platform of enterprise planning capability.
You gain three distinct advantages:
- Begin each budget cycle with the most accurate financial projection possible, drawn from rigorous statistical analysis
- Budget with optimal efficiency based on a complete understanding of the trends, seasonal patterns, outliers, product life-cycle effects, and other factors that shape your projections
- Integrate Budgeting with other Vanguard modules for sales and operations planning or use it to drive your entire Integrated Business Planning (IBP) or S&OP process
Advanced analytics meets automation
Vanguard Predictive Planning for Budgeting and Planning simplifies what-if testing, data visualization, reporting, and roll-ups for consensus forecasting and multi-team enterprise planning. The module combines advanced-analytic capabilities (seasonality, product life-cycle, etc.) with powerful automation to deliver an essential tool for business users across the enterprise. Unmatched workflow and tracking features bring together projections from various teams and groups for multi-team and multi-plan collaboration.
- User-centric design ensures optimal forecast methodology, visual display, and exportability
- Web-based architecture unites multiple teams on a single platform for exceptional transparency and collaboration
- Plugs-in to any core enterprise system for complete, seamless integration
- Consolidates and manages all financial data on one platform for all budgeting, planning, and forecasting needs
- Unlimited what-if analyses of short- and long-term financial goals and decisions
- Automates data management, forecasting, and reporting in real-time
Seamless, Multi-Plan Integration
- Set guidance: create financial targets and budgets that link to sales and demand forecast
- Automate conversions: break-down high-level targets and budgets into lower-level forecasts, and revenue targets into unit-demand forecasts, automatically
- Share and compare: include an unlimited number of plans (executive targets, financial budgets, sales plans, annual operating plans (AOP), etc.)
- Reports and analysis to visualize how and why forecasts and plans are different
- Ability to slice and dice data by any attribute (gaps by business units, geography, product line, etc.)
Building consensus among demand leaders in sales & marketing and supply leaders in manufacturing, procurement, and logistics is critical to the S&OP process. The budgeting and planning software module features built-in workflows and advanced reporting capabilities that enable integrated, multi-team forecasting and planning for demand, supply, and complete S&OP processes.
Let your teams automate and integrate budgeting processes without relying on IT. Allow users to focus on data and transparency rather than protecting their version of the truth.
- Pre-built application
- Excel-like user interface
- Advanced budget analysis
- Driver-based planning
- Cross-department collaboration
- Complete version history with extensive audit trail
- Permission-based access level
- Business process-based workflow with alerts and notification
Cash flow forecasting
Vanguard Cash Flow Forecasting software is an enterprise planning tool that integrates your workflow and data systems to deliver fast, accurate cash-flow forecasts.
Government cash flow forecasting
Vanguard Government Cash Flow Forecasting is enterprise software built to give Departments of Transportation (DOTs) and other state agencies the edge in budgeting, planning, and resource efficiency.
“Billions [of dollars] in operating margin and trillions in market capitalization separate supply chain winners from losers,” according to AMR Research. With Vanguard Predictive Planning™, best-in-class planners see:
Reduction in inventory
Increase in perfect-order fulfillment (complete, accurate, and on time)
Shorter cash-to-cash cycle times
Fewer stock-outs than competitors