Multi-echelon inventory optimization (MEIO) balances inventories across the entire distribution network, taking into account the interdependencies between echelons. Organizations that go beyond single-echelon inventory optimization (IO) offer highly competitive service levels and see a reduction in (or elimination of) stockouts.
MEIO helps organizations:
- Optimize inventory strategies across the entire network.
- Model with different inventory strategies.
- See inventory reductions of 10-30% or more.
- Increase service levels while cutting inventory.
- Minimize investment balance while achieving service levels.
- Automate the inventory planning process.