Vanguard Aligns AI and Supply Chain Planning
AI and Supply Chain Analytics
Vanguard Advanced Analytics raises enterprise strategy and decision-making with innovative AI and supply chain technologies. Powerful modeling and simulation tools plus collaborative workflow design bring expert capability to knowledge workers across the enterprise.
With Vanguard Advanced Analytics, you can:
- Assess competing courses of action
- Compare risk-reward scenarios
- Test ideas virtually
- Refine short-term forecasts with demand-sensing technology that collects and analyzes live-streaming sales orders or POS data from any ERP or transaction system.
Vanguard Advanced Analytics applies an exhaustive range of time-series and model-based methods not only to capture and extrapolate historical patterns, but also to simulate and compare innumerable outcomes from seemingly unprecedented events and circumstances. These can include product launches, proposed changes to business plans, or long-range capital and investment decisions with effects that will span an entire product life-cycle, or even generations of products.
What Our Clients Have to Say
"Vanguard is a premier forecasting tool for businesses of all sizes. The data flexibility, reporting tools, continuous support is why we chose Vanguard over other software solutions."
“We are making strategic decisions that have long-term impacts on our business. Without Vanguard, we would not have the visibility and analysis we need to make the right decisions.”
“Our team selected Vanguard Software because we believe they are the best solution for our current demand planning needs and future supply planning needs.”
“By leveraging Vanguard, we were able to make sure we had the right inventory available to absorb abnormal spikes in demand, as well as being able to quickly adjust plans appropriately.”
"The reason I chose Vanguard was the quality of the pre-sales support and assistance in setting up a proof of concept with our actual data. While functionality was similar between all the choices your team and immediate sales support are what closed the deal."
"Vanguard Predictive Planning™ has exceeded our expectations from the start. The implementation project ran smoothly and the system provides real benefit through workflow efficiency and forecast accuracy."
What sets Vanguard's AI and Supply Chain Analytics apart
Companies reach peak performance when sales, operations, and finance teams work together to forecast and plan their business. Vanguard’s Integrated Business Planning (IBP) and Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) capabilities help finance teams bring together forecasts and plans from other departments, reconcile gaps between plans, and build consensus.
Vanguard’s AI and supply chain analytics simulate complex systems to model uncertainty and volatility and better manage business opportunity and risk. Vanguard reveals the full range of potential business outcomes and the probability of each with expected values for distinct courses of action.
- Incorporate multiple sources of uncertainty into your forecast model
- Run simulations 100 times faster than spreadsheet add-ins — 1,500 times faster with the grid computing option
- Automate sensitivity analysis
- Run reports with distribution graphs and statistics
- Utilize distribution gallery
- Automate distribution fitting using historical data
- User-defined distributions
- Employ correlated inputs
- Utilize an unlimited number of stochastic inputs
In addition to Monte Carlo simulation, Vanguard Advanced Analytics can apply multiple advanced techniques to new-product forecasting or combine various methods into a single forecast.
This is achieved through:
- Comparable forecasting: Applies the historical pattern of an established product to a new product. In Vanguard Predictive Planning, users can select comparable products by any attribute – product family, SKU code, region, etc.
- Spread curve: Applies the pattern of a demand factor (e.g. seasonality, decay, life cycle, region) to a new-product forecast.
- Supersession: Used when a new product is likely to cannibalize or replace an existing product or set of products.
- Adoption modeling: Captures new-product launch effects and long-range product life cycle effects.
Vanguard Predictive Planning complements its exhaustive range of time-series forecasting methods with model-based approaches that factor product life-cycle effects into long-range forecasts. Vanguard Predictive Planning’s model-based methods include:
- Monte Carlo simulation
- Decision analysis
- Stochastic optimization