Vanguard Decision Tree Analysis Add-on
Select the Best Course of Action
Vanguard’s Decision Tree Analysis Add-on helps you extract the optimal course of action from business uncertainty using classic decision-tree analysis and Markov simulation.
- How much inventory do we stock or build given uncertain sales forecasts?
- Do we litigate or settle out of court? In helping determine the best action, decision trees illustrate an elegant framework of all options relevant to your decision, consequence probabilities, and outcome values.
Once you’ve modeled a decision, Vanguard analyzes your tree to help you understand and communicate the risks involved.
- Specify your personal risk aversion when analyzing decision models.
- Generate a risk profile graph or table to illustrate all possible outcomes and probabilities.
- Calculate the value of foresight (value of perfect information) automatically to determine how much to spend on market or other research to refine your assumptions.
Automate Your Supply Chain Planning
With Vanguard Predictive Planning™, most of the supply chain planning process can be automated through artificial intelligence, prescriptive analytics, a robust rules engine and extensive workflow.
Planners are left to make potential overrides and provide oversight for exceptions. Through a unified IBP platform, organizations can now understand true end to end implications of any sales forecast or demand change real time.
“Billions [of dollars] in operating margin and trillions in market capitalization separate supply chain winners from losers,” according to AMR Research. With Vanguard Predictive Planning™, best-in-class planners see:
Reduction in inventory
Increase in perfect-order fulfillment (complete, accurate, and on time)
Shorter cash-to-cash cycle times
Fewer stock-outs than competitors